There are times when I don’t mind spending a lot of time in the kitchen, but sometimes I just want something quick and simple. This was one of those times. It also helps that I really don’t have much of a sweet tooth, so when it comes to breakfast this savoury option is perfect for me.
- One small clove of garlic, minced
- One flat field mushroom, peeled and chopped
- A few cherry tomatoes, halved (I used six)
- One handful of fresh spinach, washed and roughly chopped
- Dried herbs, one quarter of a teaspoon of each; oregano, basil, tarragon
- Salt and black pepper to taste
Start by heating a teaspoon of oil in a frying pan over a medium heat, add the garlic and fry for a couple of minutes. Next add the tomatoes and mushrooms and continue cooking for another five minutes. Then add in the herbs and season with salt and black pepper, continue cooking for a further five minutes. Now add the spinach and cook until it has wilted, it shouldn’t take longer than a minute or two.
I like serving this on toasted wholemeal bread, but you could have it inside a warm pitta bread or wrapped in a tortilla.
Bye for now 🙂