It’s been good weather for soup here lately, so I thought it was a perfect time to make this. After having ubiquitous sources of rich food over the holiday period, it’s a refreshing change to have something a little lighter to eat.
Yield; Four servings Cook time; 45 minutes (approx)
- One large leek, sliced
- Two sticks of celery, sliced
- One medium onion, diced
- Three cloves of garlic, minced
- One large potato, cubed
- One piece of bread (optional, this is to thicken the soup)
- One litre of hot vegetable stock
- One tablespoon of oil
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Start by heating the oil and garlic in a pot over a medium heat. Heating the garlic and oil together in a cold pot will infuse the oil with the a lovely garlic flavour.
- Next add all the prepared vegetables and cover. Allow to cook for about ten minutes
- Next add the stock and bread, increase the temperature to a medium-high heat.
- Once the soup is simmering season with salt and pepper.
- When the vegetables are cooked blend well before serving.
I like serving this with fresh cracked black pepper and a drizzle of soy cream.
Bye for now 🙂