Eat a whole pizza with none of the guilt! This is a really easy way to have pizza without having to faff around with making pizza dough. It’s also handy making pizza this way as you can easily personalise each one, so everyone is happy.
If you want to make the sauce you’ll need the following (or you could buy pizza sauce);
- Half a small onion, diced
- Two cloves of garlic, minced
- One red pepper, chopped
- One tablespoon of tomato paste
- One 400g/14oz tin of chopped tomatoes
- Herbs; one teaspoon of oregano and basil
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Heat a teaspoon of oil in a pan over a medium heat. Add the garlic and cook for one minute before adding in the onion and pepper.
- After about five minutes add the tomato paste and cook for a further five minutes before adding in the chopped tomatoes.
- Increase the heat to medium high and allow the sauce to simmer and thicken for a further fifteen minutes. Use a blender to blend until smooth.
At this point you’re ready to assemble the pizzas, spoon on a little sauce onto each pitta bread before scattering vegan cheese and vegetables on top. I used Violife pizza cheese, you can get it in Holland and Barrett.
Once you’ve made the pizzas cook them under a grill for about five minutes, or until the vegetables are cooked and cheese is melted.
Bye for now 🙂