It’s taken me a few attempts, but I’ve managed to perfect my macaroni cheese recipe. This baked macaroni cheese is comprised of a rich cheesy sauce, with a crunchy vegan parmesan crumble topping. My omnivorous partner liked it too, so it’s omni approved!
Yield; Two servings Cook time; 45 minutes
- 120g macaroni
- 80g Violife for pizza cheese
- 20g Violife Prosociano parmesan cheese
- 300ml longlife soy milk
- Five tablespoons of nutritional yeast flakes
- Half a teaspoon of dijon mustard
- One tablespoon plain flour
- One tablespoon oil
- Three tablespoons of breadcrumbs
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Firstly, preheat the oven to 220ºC
- Next, start by bringing a saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta, ensuring to cook for a couple of minutes less than the packet states.
- While the pasta is boiling you can work on the sauce. Heat the oil in a pan over a medium heat, add the flour and whisk for a couple of minutes.
- Slowly whisk in the milk, a little at a time before adding in the Violife cheese, nutritional yeast, mustard and half the Violife prosociano parmesan cheese. Stir until all the cheese has melted. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Drain the pasta once cooked and fold it through the cheese sauce. Spoon the macaroni cheese into an oven proof dish and sprinkle over the remaining Violife prosociano cheese. Next sprinkle over the breadcrumbs and then bake for about 20 minutes.
I tried to make it a bit easier to see the macaroni underneath the crumble topping, hopefully you get the gist, super creamy cheesy sauce and crunchy crumble cheese topping of deliciousness. That was a fair bit of alliteration wasn’t it?
Bye for now 🙂