This is a simple, full flavoured pasta recipe. I used Alpro single soya cream, you can buy this in “Free From” sections in most supermarkets.
Yield; Four servings Cook time; 15 minutes (approx)
- One small brown onion, sliced
- Two cloves of garlic, sliced
- One 400g(14oz) tin of chopped tomatoes
- 100ml(3.5fl.oz) nondairy single cream
- One tablespoon of tomato puree
- One teaspoon of dried basil, and one teaspoon of dried oregano
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- A pinch of demerara sugar
- 240g(8.5oz) dried tagliatelle
- Don’t worry about dicing the onion and garlic finely, we’ll be blending the sauce later. Heat a teaspoon of oil in a pan over a medium heat, add the garlic and cook for one minute.
- Next add the onion, cook for five minutes before stirring through the tomato puree. Continue cooking for a couple of minutes, this will cook out any bitterness from the tomato puree.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, herbs, sugar and season with salt and black pepper. Cook for a further five minutes before blending until smooth.
- Stir through the cream and mix until well combined. Cook the pasta as per the instructions on the packet. Mix the pasta through the sauce until the pasta is well coated.
If you don’t want to use a blender, simply dice the onion and garlic very finely and you’ll achieve a similar result.
Bye for now 🙂