This is a simple pasta recipe made using Sainsbuy’s dairy free cream cheese. I love cooking with it, it’s so close in taste and texture to dairy cream cheese it’s eerie.
Yield; Two servings Cook time; 20 minutes
- 75g dairy free cream cheese
- 250g cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 75g spinach, roughly chopped
- One clove of garlic, minced
- Two tablespoons of nondairy cream, I use Oatly
- One tablespoon of dairy free margarine (I used Vitalite)
- Half a teaspoon of each dried basil and dried oregano
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 150g of dried pasta, I used fusilloni
- Heat the dairy free margarine in a frying pan over a medium heat. Once it has fully melted add the garlic and fry for one minute.
- Add the cherry tomatoes and cover with a lid. If you have a food processor give the tomatoes a blitz with that, this will make for a smoother sauce. Otherwise, just finely chop them and you’ll get a similar result. Allow to cook covered for ten minutes.
- While they are cooking, boil your pasta as per the instructions on the packet.
- Add the cream cheese and cream to the tomatoes, season with the oregano, basil, salt and black pepper. Continue cooking for another five minutes.
- Next, add the spinach and give everything a good stir. It’ll only take a minute to wilt and cook down into the sauce.
- Lastly drain the cooked pasta and fold it through the tomato and spinach. Spoon into warm bowls and serve.
I really loved the tomato sauce, the cherry tomatoes have a lovely natural sweetness that really gives this pasta dish a wonderful flavour.
Bye for now 🙂