By the power of Grayskull, this was a tasty vegan stroganoff! Even if I do say so myself. I used Fry’s chunky strips for the “beef” (in all fairness, they should pay me for how many times I give them free promotion, just kidding) I also used Oatly cream to add that familiar creaminess to the final dish. Fry’s products are readily available in Holland and Barrett, and you can get Oatly from most large supermarkets.
Yeild; Four servings Cook time; 30 minutes
- One tablespoon of oil
- 200g/7oz sliced white mushrooms
- One brown onion, minced
- One 380g/13oz pack of Fry’s chunky strips
- 150ml/5fl.oz vegetable stock
- 100ml/3fl.oz nondairy cream
- One teaspoon of each dried thyme and dried tarragon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- One teaspoon of cornflour dissolved in a tablespoon of cold water
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Add the onion and cook for about five minutes, or until it starts to soften.
- Add the mushrooms and the herbs, continue cooking for a further five minutes.
- Next, add in the chunky strips, the stock and the cream. Season with salt and pepper and continue cooking for another ten minutes.
- Lastly add the cornflour slurry and give everything a good stir. After another ten minutes the sauce should have thickened and is ready to be served.
I served mine with boiled white rice, but you could have it with potatoes or pasta if you prefer.
Bye for now 🙂