This creamy potato salad has a lovely garlic and herb flavour, and a slight bite from the spring onions. A perfect accompaniment for any barbecue, picnic or get together.
Yield; Six small servings Cook time; 10 minutes
- 800g peeled and chopped potatoes
- Half a bunch of spring onions, sliced
For the dressing;
- Three tablespoons of vegan mayonnaise
- 50ml lemon juice
- 50ml oil
- One clove of garlic
- One teaspoon of wholegrain mustard
- One teaspoon of mixed herbs/Italian seasoning
- One teaspoon dried chives
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Boil the potatoes until they’re cooked. I cut the potatoes into pretty small chunks so they only took about ten minutes to cook.
- While the potatoes are cooking make the dressing. Put the mayonnaise, lemon juice, oil, garlic and mustard into a jug and blend with an immersion blender. Once blended, stir through the herbs and season with salt and black pepper. Refrigerate until you need it.
- One the potatoes are cooked, drain them and allow them to cool to room temperature.
- Once the potatoes have cooled, mix through the dressing you made earlier and stir in the spring onion. Refrigerate until you’re ready to serve.
I used one clove of garlic for this, but if you want a stronger garlic flavour use two. You can find vegan mayonnaise in most large supermarket free from sections, and Holland and Barrett. Or click here for my mayonnaise recipe and make your own.
Bye for now 🙂