Can’t decide between two kinds of junk food? Have both! These nachos are loaded with pepperoni style slices, peppers, mushrooms and melted cheese , and served with a warm marinara dipping sauce. Sometimes you need some lazy vegan junk food in your life.
Yield; Two or three servings Cook time; 20 minutes
For the nachos, you’ll need;
- 150g/5oz tortilla chips
- 60g/2oz grated vegan cheese
- Two white mushrooms, sliced
- Half a pepper, chopped
- 30g/1oz vegan pepperoni style slices (I used Vbites)
For the dipping sauce, you’ll need;
- One teaspoon of oil
- Half a small brown onion
- One clove of garlic, sliced
- One teaspoon of tomato puree
- Half a 400g/14oz tin of chopped tomatoes
- A pinch of demerara sugar
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Start with the dipping sauce. In a small saucepan over a medium heat, add the oil, garlic and onion. Allow to cook for five minutes.
- Next, stir through the tomato puree. Allow to cook for two minutes.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and leave to cook for a further ten minutes. While the sauce is cooking, preheat the oven to 180ºC/350ºF.
- Season the sauce with the sugar, salt and pepper. Blend with immersion blender until smooth.
- Arrange the tortilla chips on a lined baking tray. Scatter over the cheese, vegetables and pepperoni style slices.
- Bake for around five minute, or until the cheese has melted.
Once the cheese on the nachos has melted, serve immediately with the warm marinara sauce.
Bye for now 🙂