If you are also a fellow mushroom fanatic like myself, you’ll enjoy this. This makes for a lovely savoury breakfast option, or a light lunch if you don’t fancy eating anything too heavy.
Yield; One serving Cook time; 10 minutes
- One teaspoon of vegan margarine
- One small clove of garlic, minced
- 125g button mushrooms, halved
- 40g dairy free cream cheese
- Herbs; half a teaspoon of both dried tarragon and dried parsley
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Heat the margarine in a small saucepan over a medium heat. Once melted, add the garlic and cook for one minute.
- Next add the mushrooms, cream cheese and the herbs. Cover with a lid and leave to cook for about five minutes.
- Remove the lid and give everything a good stir. The liquid released from the mushrooms will have thinned down the cream cheese, creating a creamy, garlic and mushroom sauce.
- Toast a couple of pieces of bread, butter them lightly with dairy free margarine before topping with the mushrooms in their sauce. Serve immediately.
The sauce was creamy without feeling heavy, and the garlic and mushroom flavours pair so well. I love simple, savoury breakfasts like these.
Tip; You can pick up dairy free cream cheese from a few different places, Holland and Barrett, most larger branches of Tesco, Sainsbury’s and ASDA. There are quite a few varieties out there, so you’re sure to find something you enjoy.
Bye for now 🙂