Add a tasty twist to potato salad by replacing the mayonnaise with avocado.
Yield; Four servings Cook time; 10 minutes
- 500g peeled and chopped potatoes
- One large avocado, roughly chopped
- One clove of garlic, sliced
- The juice of one lemon
- Three sticks of celery, diced
- Five spring onions, sliced
- One teaspoon of dried mixed herbs
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Cut the potato into small, bite sized pieces. Boil in salted water for ten minutes, or until fork tender. Drain the potatoes, fill the saucepan with cold water and draining again.
- In a jug add the avocado, garlic and lemon juice. Blend until smooth, you may need to thin it down with a little water if it’s too thick.
- Add the avocado mixture to the potatoes, celery and spring onions. Fold gently with a wooden spoon until well combined. Season with herbs, salt and pepper to taste.
Refrigerate until you’re ready to serve. This would be perfect barbecue or picnic food. As long as you keep it refrigerated, it’ll keep for a couple of days without discolouring.
Bye for now 🙂