Keeping things pretty simple with this salad recipe. The creamy dressing has a pleasant acidity and a wonderful bite from the garlic. This would make for a perfect starter or side dish.
Yield; Four small servings Prep time; 10 minutes
- One large romaine lettuce, washed and cut into chunks
- Three tablespoons of egg free mayonnaise
- One tablespoon of oil
- One tablespoon of white wine vinegar
- Half a teaspoon of dried mixed herbs
- One clove of garlic, sliced
- 20g grated vegan parmesan cheese
- 100g croutons
- Wash and chop the lettuce, set aside on some kitchen roll (or tea towel) to air dry.
- Into a jug, add the mayonnaise, oil, vinegar, herbs and garlic. Blend until smooth with an immersion blender.
- Add the lettuce to a large serving bowl, pour over the dressing, cheese and half of the croutons and mix with a wooden spoon to combine.
- Once you’ve spooned the salad into dishes, scatter over the remaining croutons before serving.
- I used Violife’s Prosociano as a vegan version of parmesan cheese. You can buy it from Holland and Barrett or larger branches of Tesco. I like the cheese, it has a lovely savoury flavour and pleasant texture. However, I have never eaten parmesan cheese, so I cannot compare it to that.
- You can buy egg free mayonnaise in most “Free From” sections of supermarkets. Or why not try making your own, I have a very simple vegan mayonnaise recipe CLICK HERE
Bye for now 🙂