This combines tofu, chickpeas and veggies in a tomato and coconut milk curry sauce. Click the link for more information on how to prepare “chicken” style tofu.
Yield; Six servings Cook time; 30 minutes
- Two tablespoons of oil
- 280g/10oz extra firm tofu
- Garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper to taste
- One red chilli pepper, minced (leave the seeds in if you like more spice, otherwise deseed)
- Half a red pepper, thinly sliced
- Half an orange pepper, thinly sliced
- 250g/9oz white mushrooms, sliced
- 400g/14oz tin of coconut milk
- 400g/14oz tin of chopped tomatoes
- Three tablespoons of curry powder, use the strength you prefer
- 400g/14oz tin of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Crumble the tofu into pieces and add to the frying pan. Season to taste with the garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. Cook for 25 minutes, or until golden brown. Set aside once cooked.
- While the tofu is cooking, heat a tablespoon of oil in a pan over a medium heat. Add the chilli and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add the peppers and cook for five minutes, give everything a mix from time to time, to ensure nothing sticks.
- Mix the mushrooms through the peppers, cook for ten minutes.
- Next, add the coconut milk, chopped tomatoes and curry powder. Give everything a good mix and leave to cook for ten minutes.
- Add the tofu and chickpeas and mix well. After five minutes remove from the heat and serve.
Serve with rice, chips or eat it as a baked potato filling.