This is a super easy ice cream recipe, seriously, you don’t need to churn it and there’s only four ingredients. I told you it was easy! Using frozen bananas as base means this ice cream has less calories than its dairy counterpart, but is still just as delicious.
Yield; 600g/1lb5oz of ice cream
- One bunch of frozen bananas
- Five tablespoons of cocoa powder
- One tablespoon of maple syrup
- 100ml/half a cup chocolate soy milk
- Chuck everything in a food processor and blend until smooth. That’s it!
- Consistency – Immediately after blending it will be like soft serve ice cream. You can also pop it back in the freezer to firm up if you prefer.
- No need for a high powered blender! – you can do this with an immersion blender. Chop the bananas up into very small pieces and you should be fine.
- Garnish – Put some chopped chocolate or nuts into ramekins and roll the ice cream in them before serving.