New potatoes and beans in a garlic and herb vinaigrette dressing. This classic side dish can be eaten hot or cold.
- 750g/1lb10oz new potatoes
- 220g/8oz of green beans, ends trimmed
- One tablespoon of lemon juice
- Three tablespoons of oil
- Half a teaspoon of garlic powder
- Half a teaspoon of dried parsley
- Bring a saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add the potatoes and boil for 17 minutes.
- While the potatoes are boiling, whisk together the lemon juice, garlic powder and parsley in a small dish. Slowly add in the oil, whisking constantly. Alternatively, add everything into a small jar, screw the lid on and shake well (ensure the lid is securely on, you want to eat the dressing, not wear it).
- After 17 minutes has elapsed, add the beans into the potatoes. Boil for three minutes.
- Once the beans are cooked, drain the saucepan. Pour over the dressing and mix with a wooden spoon to combine.
Allow to cool for a couple of minutes before serving if you want to eat it warm. Otherwise, refrigerate for an hour and serve chilled.