This is another no churn non dairy ice cream. This time I added raspberries, blackberries and blueberries for a deliciously fruity yet creamy ice cream. Feel free to skip down to the recipe if you don’t want to read the tips.
Firstly, a couple of tips;
- You’ll need to use ripe (spotty) bananas, like this;
- Yellow bananas with green areas aren’t ripe, and therefore lack the caramel like sweetness of ripe bananas. Blending those will leave you with starchy, bitter ice cream. But blending their ripe spotty counterparts, gives you a sweet, creamy, smooth ice cream.
- If you’re blending with an immersion blender, crumbling the bananas into small bits prior to freezing is best. They will blend faster and will be less taxing on your blender.
Onto the recipe;
- One bunch of ripe bananas, frozen
- 180g/6oz of frozen berries, I used blackberries, raspberries and blueberries
- 50ml non dairy milk
- Two tablespoons of maple syrup
- Add everything into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Immediately after blending the texture will be like soft serve ice cream. You can eat it as is, or freeze to firm it up.