This is a simple cookie recipe for deliciously nutty cookies. Perfect with a hot cup of tea or coffee.
Yield; six cookies Cook time; 8-10 minutes
- 150g/5oz cashew butter
- 90g/1oz maple syrup
- 100g/3.5oz plain all purpose flour
- 90g1oz hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- One teaspoon vanilla extract
- One pinch of salt
- Add everything into a large mixing bowl, mix well to combine.
- Put the cookie dough in the fridge to chill for 30 minutes
- Preheat your oven to 180°C/160°C fan assisted/320ºF
- Equally divide the dough into six pieces. Roll into balls and flatten with your hands. Pop them onto a lined baking tray and press a fork into each.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, until they are just starting to turn golden.
- Leave them on the baking tray for fifteen minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. If you try to move them sooner, they’ll fall apart.
They’re lovely with a hot drink, a perfect afternoon snack.