These field mushrooms are stuffed with cream cheese, spring onions and garlic, and topped with a parmesan and parsley crumb. If you like mushrooms and cream cheese, you’ll love these.
Yield; Six servings Cook time; 20-25 minutes in total
- Six field mushrooms, peeled with stalks removed (retain the stalks)
- One tablespoon of non-dairy margarine
- Three cloves of garlic, minced
- Three spring onions, sliced
- Mushroom stalks, minced
- One teaspoon of dried tarragon
- 200g/7oz non-dairy cream cheese
- 20g/0.7oz grated non-dairy parmesan*
- Two tablespoons of breadcrumbs
- Half a teaspoon of dried parsley
- In a saucepan over a low to medium heat, add the non-dairy margarine. Once melted, add the garlic and spring onions. Cook for one minute, then add the mushroom stalks.
- Season with salt, pepper and tarragon. Cover with a lid and leave to cook for ten minutes. Once cooked remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Once cooled add the non-dairy cream cheese and mix well to combine.
- Pre-heat the oven to 200ºC/180ºC fan assisted/350ºF
- In a small bowl, mix together the non-dairy parmesan cheese, breadcrumbs and parsley.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture onto each mushroom, before topping with the breadcrumb mixture.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, serve immediately.
These would be perfect with a side salad as a starter, or serve them with creamy mashed potatoes and veggies as a main course.
* Note; I used Violife’s Prosociano as the nondairy parmesan cheese. You can pick it up in Holland and Barrett, larger branches of Tesco and Sainsbury’s, or order online at Ocado.