They might not win any beauty pageants, but they taste amazing, and contain only two ingredients. You can’t beat that with a stick!
Yield; 10-12 servings Cook time; 8-10 minutes
- One 320g(11oz)sheet of ready made puff pastry
- Dairy free chocolate spread
- Start off by allowing the puff pastry to warm to room temperature. Preheat the oven to 200ºC/180ºC fan assisted/350ºF.
- Unroll the puff pastry, then gently spread the chocolate spread over the top. I used about four heaped tablespoons for 320g(11oz) of puff pastry.
- Slice into 10-12 pieces. If the pastry is being a little difficult to slice, pop it back in the fridge to firm up for five minutes, that should help.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until golden brown. I recommend keeping your eye on it as it cooks, puff pastry can go from golden brown to black in seemingly only a few moments.
- Once cooked, remove from the oven and transfer to a cooling rack.
How easy is that! Delicious baked treats that are simple, tasty and easy to prepare. You could make your own puff pastry, (if you enjoy encumbering your life more than is necessary) but buying it is much easier in my opinion.
Tip; You can find many different dairy free chocolate spreads in large supermarket free from sections, or Holland and Barrett.