Mushrooms, pine nuts and spaghetti in a creamy garlic and mushroom sauce. Toasting the pine nuts really brings out their buttery, nutty flavour. This in turn permeates through the sauce, making this a delicious savoury dish.
Yield; Two to three servings Cook time; 20 minutes
- 40g (1.5oz) pine nuts
- One tablespoon of non-dairy margarine
- Three cloves of garlic, minced
- 250g(9oz) white mushrooms, sliced
- One tablespoon of plain, all purpose flour
- One teaspoon of both dried parsley and dried tarragon
- 100ml hot vegetable stock
- 50ml non-dairy milk
- One tablespoon non-dairy parmesan cheese (optional)
- In a small saucepan over a medium heat, toast the pine nuts until they start to turn golden brown. This will only take about five minutes. Set aside once toasted.
- In a frying pan over a medium heat, melt the non-dairy margarine. Once melted, add the garlic and cook for one minute.
- Add the mushrooms, flour, herbs and non-dairy parmesan (if using). Cover with a lid and leave to cook for ten minutes.
- While the mushrooms are cooking, boil the pasta as per the instructions on the packet.
- Once the mushrooms start to release their liquid, add in the stock, non-dairy milk and half the pine nuts. Give everything a good mix and leave to cook for another five minutes.
- Once the spaghetti is cooked, drain and mix it into the mushrooms. The liquid from the stock, milk and mushrooms will mix with the flour creating a rich sauce.
- Serve immediately with the remaining pine nuts sprinkled over the top.
One thought on “Mushroom & Pine Nut Spaghetti”
Thank you for sharing recipe…
You can also find more such delicious recipes at sabkimaggi.com