If you haven’t tried Biscoff Cookie Butter Spread yet, what on earth are you waiting for, the stuff is amazing. This recipe uses the spread, in addition to chocolate and puff pastry to make delicious baked treats. Perfect for sharing, or hide them away for yourself and tell no one of your hiding place. Both work well.
Yield; 10 twists (202 kcal per twist) Cook time; 10 minutes
- 320g(11oz) ready made puff pastry
- Six tablespoons of biscoff spread (use crunchy or smooth, whichever you prefer)
- 50g(1.5oz) dairy free chocolate, chopped into small pieces
- Preheat the oven to 220ºC/200ºC fan assisted/400ºF
- Evenly spread the Biscoff onto one half of the pastry. Sprinkle the chocolate over the top
- Fold one side of the pastry over the biscoff and chocolate, as if closing a book. Gently press down the pastry, then using a sharp knife, slice horizontally into ten pieces.
- Gently twist each piece of pastry and place onto a lined baking tray. Bake for ten minutes, or until golden brown.
- Once cooked, leave to stand for five minutes before placing onto a cooling rack. Once they’ve cooled to room temperature, store in an airtight container.
I’m writing this in my living room, which is next to the kitchen in my pretty small flat (a.k.a. apartment) and everywhere smells like chocolate and caramel. It’s quite divine. These are such easy, simple treats to make, definite crowd pleasers.