Parsnips roasting in the oven is such a Christmassy smell to me, after I made these my kitchen smelled like Christmas had exploded in it, which is never a bad thing. This would be a perfect side dish for any festive feast.
Yield; Four servings (134kcal per serving) Cook time; 30-40 minutes
- 500g/1lb of parsnips, peeled, topped and tailed
- One tablespoon of dijon mustard
- One tablespoon of maple syrup
- One tablespoon of dairy-free margarine
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC/180ºC fan assisted/400ºF
- Melt the non-dairy margarine in a small bowl (I just microwaved it for 5 seconds) then stir through the mustard and maple syrup. Mix until well combined.
- Chop each parsnip in half, or quarters if they’re large. Pour over the maple syrup and mustard mixture. Finally, sprinkle over some salt and black pepper to taste.
- Cook for 30 – 40 minutes, or until golden brown in colour.
This is my second festive inspired recipe, the first being Mincemeat Puff Pastry Twists – With a Cinnamon Sugar Crust.. There will be another two joining it, a canape recipe and a main dish recipe. They will be coming out on the two Saturdays before Christmas day. Proving that vegans don’t have to miss out on the festivities!