You know the “cream of vegetable” cup a soups (I’m looking at you Batchelors) I always thought they were a little disappointing. The tiny pieces of dehydrated vegetables always seemed a bit sad, and they’re not even suitable for vegans anyway. So I thought I’d make my own.
Yield; Three servings (189kcal* per servings) Cook time; 25 minutes
- One tablespoon of non-dairy margarine
- Two cloves of garlic, minced
- One small brown onion, minced
- Two carrots, diced
- 500ml hot vegetable stock
- One teaspoon of both parsley and tarragon
- One bay leaf
- 150g/5oz peas
- 150g/5oz sweetcorn
- 150ml non-dairy cream (* = calories are calculated based off using homemade tofu cream, check out that recipe HERE)
- Two tablespoons of cornflour(aka corn starch) dissolved in two tablespoons of cold water
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over a medium heat, once melted add the garlic and cook for one minute.
- Add the onion and carrot, and allow to cook for ten minutes.
- Next, add the stock, herbs and bay leaf. Cover with a lid and allow to cook for another ten minutes.
- Lastly, add the sweetcorn, peas and cornflour slurry. Allow to cook uncovered for three minutes, or until the soup thickens.