Slow roasted courgette, peppers, mushrooms and onion in a garlic and herb tomato sauce. This would be perfect served along with crusty bread to scoop up the sauce.
Yield; Four servings (103kcal per serving) Cook time; 1 hour 20 minutes
For the sauce you’ll need;
- One tablespoon of oil
- One large clove of garlic, roughly chopped
- One tablespoon of tomato puree
- One 400g/14oz tin of chopped tomatoes
- One teaspoon of both dried basil and dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add the oil into a small saucepan over a medium heat, add the garlic and cook for one minutes
- Next, add the tomato puree and cook for one minute before adding in the tomatoes and herbs. Season to taste with salt and pepper, then cover with a lid and allow to gently simmer for fifteen minutes
- Finally blend with an immersion blender or food processor until smooth, then set aside
Then move on to assembling the dish. You’ll need;
- One courgette, sliced
- One red pepper, sliced
- One yellow pepper sliced
- 150g/5oz white mushrooms, thickly sliced
- One large brown onion, sliced
- A pinch of salt and pepper
- Preheat your oven to 200ºC/180ºC fan assisted/350ºF. Spoon the sauce in an even layer into the bottom of an ovenproof dish
- Neatly layer in the sliced vegetables on top of the sauce. Sprinkle over the salt and pepper then cover loosely with foil and bake for one hour
- After an hour has elapsed, increase the heat to 220ºC/200ºC fan assisted/400ºF and remove the foil. Bake for an additional 20 minutes.
- Allow to stand for five minutes before serving.